Global Talent Visa Is Waiting For Its Applicants

Global Talent Visa has been released in the government’s official website and it is ready for applications. According to the guidance, researchers, also those who are specialized in science and medicine, engineering, humanities, digital technology, arts and culture, or those who have promising potential in those fields are qualified to apply for Global Talent Visa once they fulfil the other conditions as well.


Applications can be made both from outside the UK and within the UK by switching the current visa (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 5, Start-up mipermit, Innovator) to Global Talent Visa. For this visa, applicants need to pay two separate fees for the 2 stages of this process:

Stage 1 – endorsement: All main applicants must pay the £456 fee to get an endorsement when applying for the first time or switching to this visa category (without any reimbursement of the endorsement fee).
Applications will be reviewed by an organisation that’s related to the applicants’ qualifying field, called an ‘endorsing body’.

The endorsing bodies are:

The Royal Society, for science and medicine
The Royal Academy of Engineering, for engineering
The British Academy, for humanities
Tech Nation, for digital technology
Arts Council England, for arts and culture
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), for research applicants
Provided that your qualifying field is fashion, architecture or film and television, Arts Council England will pass on your application for review to:

British Fashion Council, for fashion
Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), for architecture
Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (PACT), for film and television
Stage 2- visa application: Applicants need to pay £152 for the visa application. For the ones applying from Turkey or Macedonia, this fee is decided as £97.


Applicants can apply this visa type to stay for between 1 and 5 years. They can apply to extend their visa as many times as they would like to, and each extension can last from 1 to 5 years. Furthermore, the applicants can apply for settlement as soon as they have been in the UK for 3 years.

Also, you are able to:

work – for an employer, as a director of a company or be self-employed
change jobs without telling the Home Office
do voluntary work
travel abroad and return to the UK
bring family members with you

You shall not:

get public funds
work as a doctor or dentist in training
work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach


The applicants can bring their partners, children under 18 and children over 18 provided that they’re currently in the UK as a dependant. For each dependant, the applicants need to pay £608.

Open chat