Outline of General Work Visa

One of the most common work visas is General Work Visa. Compared to the other visa schemes, to acquire this, one must be provided with a job from a licensed sponsor company. The criteria may differ depending upon the sector and your job title.


A licensed sponsor company must provide you with a job. Also, your proposed salary must be appropriately in line with your job title. There is an at least amount of yearly salary you must be provided to be able to apply for this visa category, and this is approximately £30000 per year. It is also highly crucial to note that there are certain health tests asked for applicants from certain countries. The applicants must display their travel history for over 5 years and confirm that they are more than capable of affording their onward travel and afford their initial stay till they begin generating income. The applicant must have held £945 for around 90 days before applying for this visa type. Of course, such an amount is considered as proof. One of the other important aspects to be considered is that one must be able to come up with a proof of proficiency of English.


The applicants must be at last 18 and confirm that they are proficient in the English language. The applicant must come up with proof of travel documents, personal savings. Compared to the other visa types, one must display the criminal record provided that your business involves vulnerable groups (such as children, disabled, elderly) and finally all of the documents to be shown must be in English. Otherwise, these documents must be translated into English by a certified translator. Provided that you meet all these criteria, you can apply for a work permitted visa under Tier 2, General Work Visa. There are exceptions and different rules & fees applied to nationals from different countries. For further information and free initial consultation, you can contact us via phone or email.


Liaising with your sponsor company, managing the necessary documents, certified translation, advising on how the documents must be arranged etc. are given by our expert team in London. Provided that you are applying from overseas, we also have services in doing a consult with our clients abroad.

Open chat